Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My new best friend


No not her the Snuggie!

This post could also be subtitled I know my husband loves me OR You know your a klutz when...
First some background, I am always cold! This is not an opinion but a statement of fact. I would not run the air conditioner in my house until it was over 80 if left to me.
Second I am cheap some may try to make it sound nice and say frugal but lets face it I am cheap.

Given that information you will understand why I have been torn about turning the heater on, see its cold first thing in the morning but by afternoon and into the evening its fine and then I am asleep. SOOOO I have been hesitant to fire up the heater and since we cut down a couple trees in our back yard this year I have just been starting a fire in our wood stove to take the chill off in the mornings.

Yesterday I managed to burn a pencil lead width line all the way across the back of my hand, a second degree burn at that. Was this the first time I burned myself lighting a fire heavens no as a matter of fact I usually make my sweet hubby do it cause again I am a klutz. (I have managed to catch my big toe in my pj bottoms and tripped UP the stairs almost breaking my nose! I am a worlds class klutz!)

Since my sweetie can't be here to babysit me and light fires for me all the time yesterday on the way home from work he stopped and bought me a Snuggie. I know that Jay Leno compares them to body bags and mocks them but it is warm and I have sleeves so I can wear it and blog. What more could I ask for.

Thank you my sweet! I shouldn't have to light a fire this morning and as Fall is rushing forward to Winter I should be firing up the heater soon, cheap or not.

HUGS!

13 comments:

Teresa said...

A nice quilt you show that was your grandmothers and now yours again. Quilts with memories attached are always the warmest.

The Calico Cat said...

O.K. we need a pictue of you in the snuggie!

Margaret said...

We have an awful tiresome advert for those snuggies, however they do look great and I think we have the same genes, Awkward , cold and frugal.

Sew Useful Designs said...

I feel the cold as well, Carin! It is spring in Australia and I still take a hot water bottle to bed with me every night!!! :-)

I love your snuggie! And yes - photos please! :-)

Warm hugs!
Vikki xo

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Do they tie in the backso you can move about freely? They remind me of backwards robes.

Kim said...

You are a very funny girl! I recommend wearing gloves when you load the wood stove so you don't burn your poor hands again.

A Snuggie? Huh. Well, whatever works to keep you warm is a very good thing. :O)

MamaBug said...

Tee hee...my kids have been telling me all about the new kid sized Snuggies. You think they watch too much TV? What color did you get? :D

Gina said...

i want one too. Mind you I'd probably have Stan trying to get in there with me.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Carrie P. said...

That is too funny Carin, I would rather fall up the stairs which I have done also, than down.
Well, stay warm in your snuggie.

Jennifer said...

I'm also perennially cold, so I appreciate of what you speak! My own little secret indulgence is an electric blanket -- I only use it to warm up the bed before I get in and -- oh -- heaven. on. earth. We had a hard frost here last night; winter does mean to come.

Doris said...

Could you quilt, as in piece, walk to the iron and back in one of those? I may need one...like you I am always cold and a little klutz-y, too!

Julie Bagamary said...

Hi Carin, You won the pin. Congrats. I need your mailing address. I also just noticed you have a link to Dave Ramsey. We are facilitators for FPU at our church!

Paula, the quilter said...

I get cold across the back of my shoulders so I'd need two -- one of them reversed.