Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I love charter schools!


My DD is going into the 10th grade(when they start to really count what you take and what your grades are)
She is moving to NUAMES the Northern Utah Acadamy for Math, Enginering and Science. She is my math genius and wants to be a vetrinarian so this is a great school for her. Next year she can have "concurent enrollment" while she goes to high school the classes she takes can give her college credit so she can be ahead when she graduates from high school. She is thrilled and I am too. She is all registered fees paid and schedule in hand and school starts on Monday.
Yup in a week I will be child free all day 5 days a week! I have big plans that involve going to the gym in the morning and getting some cleaning and quilting done(wish me luck LOL)

I have a special request for an 18th anniversary gift idea so here goes

18th- the traditional list just skips the one all together (dude! hello you have been married to this person for 18 years and they think it's okay to just skip it NO WAY!) the contemporary list has porcelain, chinaware, bone china or ceramics for this anniversary. Since I know this person I would say this really isn't far off from what should be given. I would add that it should be NICE stuff NOT a cup an saucer from the dollar store. Maybe its time for some nice royal Doulton
(I couldn't find any with the hand painted periwinkles)

I hope everyone has a great day
HUGS,

2 comments:

Greg said...

Congrats on 18 years!!! Congrats on having smart kids too. I know they'll all work hard when school starts again. I can't wait to see what you come up with since you'll have all kinds of free time on your hands!!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Carin! All the best to you DD in her education adventure! Thanks for the anniversary tip too ... shall make sure my Beloved sees the suggestion before September 19! Tee! Hee! Hee! Bear Hugs! KRIS