Monday, August 23, 2010

I hate when you have to go in fasting!



So after my trip to the doc last week he sent me for x-rays and blood work the blood work was good, the x-ray showed a loop of bowel is inflamed so today I got to go for an "upper endoscopy" I got to go in fasting SIGH! it was scheduled at 12:15 that was bad enough but then of course everything was late so by the time I got back for my 15 minute procedure and out and was able to eat it was 3 yes 3 PM grumble grumble!

Just a visual for you on the whole "Upper Endoscopy". Good news, no ulcers or anything nasty in my stomach.

Tomorrow the fun continues with an upper bowel x-ray with contrast, Yup I get to fast AGAIN, then drink barium (YUM) then I get to be put on a tilt table and a series of x-rays will show if the reason for the inflammation in the loop of bowel if because of a blockage. If not then we get to wait until I have another attack at which time I am no longer allowed to just take pain meds and tough it out I am sworn to go to the ER.
Oh found a picture of the tilt table, almost as fun as the state fair NOT!!!

HUGS and Love to all,

3 comments:

Greg said...

You get to have all the fun... I'm severely jealous of you. NOT! Anyway, I hope everything turns out okay and that whatever is causing the issue can be solved with some fabric therapy and Bottle Caps!!!

Carrie P. said...

Oh, a big hug for you and praying all goes well.

Marilyn Robertson said...

Hope you are feeling better! That tilt table looks scary all by itself. Yikes!