Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Rare political rant!

Now let me start by saying I am not against clean air or recycling or even conservation however that being said I REFUSE to celebrate "Earth Day".
Earth Day was founded by a group of nut cases that believe that we (the human race)are a plague upon the earth. That's just whacked!

Look in the bible
Isa. 45: 12
I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

God created the earth for man and man for the earth.

I found a great article about the first Earth Day
you should read this

So I am not turning on all the lights in my house or running my car all day out of protest,
However I am not trading in my van for a Prius or changing all my light bulb to fluorescent (they give me a migraine).
I refuse to not wash my clothes for days at a time to save from putting soap in into the water, I will continue to use deodorant and disposable razors, and if I cut down the bushes in my front yard its just cause they are ugly!

3 comments:

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Ditto! HAte the new bulbs.

Kristi said...

That was one funny post. You are quite humorous when you rant. And, for the record - AMEN!!

MarilynH said...

I love this post Carin!!! Amen.