Saturday, April 26, 2008

fundraiser day


I had the lovely job of being the "responsible adult" at the bounce house at the PTA fair. My quilt only brought in $30 some people have no idea what it take to make a quilt. SIGH! I have a nasty sunburn!
On top of everything It was also the fundraiser day for the boy scouts so we had over cooked spaghetti with tasteless sauce and bread sticks with almost no garlic or butter. I just am glad the its all over!
The worst of it is we had like 3 other invitations for today to do much funner things, my sister was having a girls night out they went to the firing range and then went and had food and facials, Our friend David wanted us to come down and have some yummy Thai food and our friends from Kaysville wanted us to come do movie night.
Oh well at least its over and I don't have to feel like I need to do anymore fund raisers, oh and I got a cute new purse too.

5 comments:

Julie H said...

Sorry about your quilt! Sometimes volunteering is just overrated lol.

Lynette Anderson said...

That bouncing castle looks like lots of fun! hope your sunburn gets better soon. It so hard when you put so much work into a quilt and no-one appreciates it, maybe we should be able to put a reserve price on our quilts.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

It is a bit sad when things are donated, but you did do you bit, so you can be proud if that...

Kristi said...

Somehow I'm frightened that you were the "responsible" one. ;)

And, your quilt was worth much more than that. sigh....

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Carin! Don't you hate it when we do things we feel obliged to and forgo the fun stuff?! SIGH! Being a growed up often isn't much fun! Hope your week gets better! Bear Hugs! KRIS (Tag Along Teddies)