Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Sleep study?!?


Doesn't the term "sleep study" imply that sleep will be involved? I went in last night for my sleep study and did very little sleeping. I thought maybe I would get a sleeping pill or something to help facilitate said sleep but alas that is not the case.
After almost an hour worth of hooking up wires to everywhere the technician says to me as he is walking out the door " Okay now hurry up and sleep, I will be watching from out here." Oh yeah that is going to help me sleep so much faster the thought of some strange guy sitting out at a desk watching me toss and turn.
The fact that there was a big window from the hall into the room and every blessed light in the building was on didn't help much either, add to that humming computer equipment, sleeping in a strange bed and no Mike to cuddle up to and you have the makings of one of the longest nights of my life.
I hope that this study will help find some answers but I am not holding my breath. ;O)

2 comments:

Amy B. said...

oh that stinks! I'm sorry you didn't sleep well. :(

Kristi said...

Carin- how DO they expect people to fall asleep under those conditions? They have to know most people don't sleep well away from their own beds.