Thursday, March 30, 2006

My cub scout


Austin carried the American flag in his first pack meeting this week. I am so proud of him! He did a fantastic job with it and has great respect for the flag.
He has only been a cub scout since the second week of February but he earned his bobcat badge the first week and received it at this pack meeting.
During the coming month he and Mike will be building his Pinewood derby car. As Mike didn't have a lot of chances to build Pinewood derby cars as a kid he is very excited the two of them have worked out at least 3 different blue prints. Austin doesn't so much care what the shape is as long as in his words it has "weaponry"! I know they are both going to have a blast with this and I am thrilled they have the chance to work together on stuff like this to "bond".
In addition Tuesday was my last day at work so I will be able to go to all of his scout stuff from Pinewood derbies to blue and gold dinners. I am thankful I have been blessed with the opportunity to stay at home with my kids now so I guess I better stop wasting time and get some laundry done ;0)

1 comment:

Amy B. said...

ah, he looks so cute! Josh starts Cubs in May. I know Steve is totally looking forward to it. Yea you get to stay home! :)