Monday, December 01, 2008

not much to say just need to talk to stay sane

So I have a 4 (almost 5) year old that is making me crazy today. His birthday is right after Christmas and so I have the double fun of him counting down to both. Every couple minutes he tells me its Christmas or his birthday. I know he is excited and I will be sad when he doesn't care anymore but right now I am pulling my hair out.
I could swear he is 14 not 4 he is being mouthy and throwing tantrums he didn't do this when he was 2 or even 3 it started about a month ago maybe a bit longer, about the time he started pre-school. I a starting to wonder if he is with other kids that get away with being naughty. He has spent so much time in the corner it is going to have a permanent groove from his nose.
I have threatened that Santa doesn't bring gifts to little boys that do naughty things. No effect he just cries and ends up throwing a fit that ends him back in the corner.
I am thinking I could probably sew a straight jacket with a gag but that could take me out of the mother of the year running and you know how much that award means to me.
I hope I can help him out of this "faze" before I am totally bald.
Until next time Hugs to all,

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh my gosh - once again - I can relate to that. Fortunately my youngest is a teen now - well maybe not so fortunate. This too shall pass (eventually - but just to be replaced by some other thing).

Kristi said...

but he's so cute, remember?

erica e said...

not fun. i have a 4 year old too. this sounds bad but i really don't like how he acts after being around other kids sometimes. he comes home copying their naughty and obnoxious habits. sigh. this too shall pass...

Juryizstillout said...

I feel your pain. Pickle turned 5 in August and NOW we are having the tantrums.

He plays video games, so I remind him that big boys don't get to use the computer or play Spiderman on the xbox if they act like babies.
Some days, it works great. Some days, he's just up for the melt down.
Hangeth Thou in There....

Library Gal Quilts said...

Okay, I remember this age way along time ago (my daughters are now 25 and 19) the best thing I can say is Give Mr. Big Boy a JOB and a star chart right now! I had Carmen folding all the towels and I didn't care how they looked really but they did get neater as the stars increased for neatness :) the wash cloths, the kitchen dish towels...anything that keeps him busy and important. And really, other attributes like doing jobs quietly count too. The JOB is not punishment mind you...but an alternative to it...he's your partner and I found this turned it around (most of the time) and naughty kids don't get to help. Carmen is still a big personality in our household...believe me it takes imagination to keep her occupied even at 19! You keep sane now Carin, we need you out here in bloggy land :) xoxo Pam in Chico